Over the weekend, without an FA Cup match to play, Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish flew over to Cleveland to visit with Pat Shurmur, head coach of the Cleveland Browns, which is also owned by Villa chairman Randy Lerner.
Here’s a list of things that McLeish and Shurmur may have talked about:
- Their mutual identification with Harvey Pekar
- The exact location of the Heart of Rock and Roll, as first inquired by Huey Lewis
- The ineffectiveness of prevent defense (srlsy; the reason McLeish was even free was down to overly defensive second-half tactics against Arsenal)
- Whether or not to take a tour of the Cuyahoga piloted by Francesco Schettino
- If either fanbase would notice if they switched.
- Enhanced punting technique
- Dawg Pound versus Holte End: Who boos harder?
- Trade talks: Emile Heskey for Phil Dawson. Heskey’s so adept at clearing the goal, while McLeish can silence the Holte End by saying he’s starting Dawson at the back.
- The Raspberries versus Black Sabbath
- nil-nil or 6-3- same difference.
- What’s more damaging to your city: a Randy Newman song or Betty White sitcom?